Mostyn Bramley-Moore

Short Stories – paintings from 1980 – 2017
Until February 24



Blue Door, 2002, oil on canvas, 46 cm x 54 cm.




Spirits, 1995, oil on canvas, 105 cm x 82 cm.



Green Curtains, 2017, oil on canvas, 87cm x 77.5cm.


I've been following Mostyn's work for decades. He is one of the 'true artists' in Australia for me, particularly when it comes to a convincing inquiry. He says; 'I’m always motivated by fascinations, stories, particular places, and so on. When I walk past my old works they talk to me about the ideas and memories in them, more than they boast about their compositions or colours...'

Mostyn Bramley-Moore has a Master of Fine Arts in painting from Pratt institute in New York and a PhD in Fine Art from RMIT. Between 1978 and 2016 he taught at art schools in Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland, was a Smithsonian Fellow, and had studio residencies in France, Great Britain, the USA and Sweden. Bramley-Moore has won several major prizes, including the Gold Coast Art Prize and the Rio Tinto Martin Hanson Memorial Art Prize. He has also been a finalist for the Wynne, Sulman and Fleurieu prizes (source Watters Gallery).